Learning Support Services
Learning Support Services is committed to the provision of educational programs designed to maximize the learning potential of all children.
The primary goal of the Learning Support Services department is to assist all students to achieve their individual potential. Accordingly, we are guided by a commitment to the following:
- All students must have equal access to a quality educational program.
- Students must be provided with the opportunity to participate meaningfully in the life of their school (inclusion).
- Student learning is maximized when instruction is adapted/differentiated for diverse learners.
- Early identification and intervention is the best hope of addressing students' learning difficulties.
- Learning Support Services staff are most effective when they collaborate to design interventions to meet individual student needs.
- Services should be school based whenever possible.
- Program success must be measured by learning outcomes across multiple domains.